Sunday, April 29, 2007

Justin.tv

Has anyone else seen this? I heard about it from a friend, it’s this guy who wears a camera on his head and has it streamed live onto the internet. I haven’t watched a lot of it, because it seems really boring (the two times I watched he was out at a bar not talking to anyone and another time I watched he was at a desk at work, just doing some shit on the computer,) but I think the concept is really interesting. I cannot imagine anyone wanting to watch live streaming video of my life on the internet, in addition to which, hello, he didn’t think it up. Didn’t he see the movie EdTV? Except I still watched some of it and think it’s interesting that he even did it. I wonder if he wears the camera when he has sex and goes to the bathroom? Or when he does other embarrassing/ gross things that everyone does but never talks about and the only person who knows they do such things are maybe their significant other and their dog, but you still know that everyone does it, or something like it. Like picking at dead foot skin. Or OCD things like separating your t-shirts in your drawer into categories like collared/ not collared, text/ no text/ v-neck/ crew neck, etc. Not that I do either of those things either… I’m just giving some examples. I’m taking a documentary production class right now, and it made me think of that. Except documentaries are supposed to have a story, or something. Some kind of structure, and this thing is completely unfiltered.

No comments: